I am by no means the most learned or the wisest. You could find a better-written article with more research, I’m certain.
But I do know this: I cannot say nothing.
Here’s what else I know: Yahweh God has ALWAYS fought for the displaced. He has always taken care of the sojourner and commanded His people to do likewise.
More than the dreamiest sunset or the most breathtaking mountain range, Yahweh put His image in humans. We are the image bearers. Muslim refugees are the image bearers. Let us not forget that.
So what we can do?
It has to start here. Jesus calls us to mourn & be comforted (Matthew 5:4). Paul exhorts us to weep with those who weep (Romans 12:15). There are scores of people weeping tonight. Let us weep with them.
“The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18
I will weep with the refugees. I will weep for the Christians whose view of Yahweh has become so distorted. I will mourn that the shadows of humanity’s brokenness are nearly overcoming in these days.
We CAN do something. No- we MUST do something.
“He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?” Micah 6:8
Write to your representative. Use your voice to speak on behalf of those who cannot speak for themselves.
Pray. Pray. Pray.
It seems like so little, but our best fight and loudest voice is at the Mercy Seat.
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the through of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:15-16
In case you’ve forgotten, Jesus was a Middle Eastern refugee. He gets it. Pray that He might be near to the refugees right now.
Prayers for the Muslim refugee:
- Pray that God might intervene on their behalf.
- Pray that they might not associate the wicked decisions of our President with the merciful heart of Yahweh God.
- Pray that they might meet Jesus. It is often heard from Muslim converts that they met Isa (the Arabic name corresponding to Jesus) in dreams leading to their conversion. Pray desperately that Muslims might meet Jesus in dreams and come to know His heart and character.
Prayers for the American Christian:
- Pray fervently that life on this earth will never be our highest aim. May His Kingdom be our greatest prize and His glory our highest desire.
- Pray that our highest allegiance is to the King, not a nation.
Prayers for our President:
- Pray that Yahweh God might radically capture the heart of Donald Trump.
- Pray that President Trump would be sensitive to the voices raised against the Refugee Ban in the coming days.
- Pray for the people on the various councils that will have a voice in this matter.
- Pray that the decision is revoked.