Sitting in a cottage in Fiji, I’m astounded at the way that Yahweh has sweetly spoken over my heart throughout the past year. A year full of challenge, lessons, and uncertainty, I have grown more in year 22 than in most. As I begin 23, I find myself thankful that 22 is ending, and anxious to see what is yet to come.
I desperately want to live a life that glorifies Jesus Christ and draws the nations to Him. I want to know Yahweh more and love people better. I want to live passionately and impact the people around me. I want to make the most of the opportunities that I have to talk about Jesus, love the unloved, and laugh until my stomach hurts.
I don’t ever want to stop learning. I want to be better every year than I was the year before. And I want people to be better, and to know Jesus more, because they’ve known me.
Yet for every immeasurable goal, I want to set some that are measurable.
So, here’s to 23!
23 Goals for my 23rd Year
1. Blog consistently & honestly.
2. Rewrite Roots curriculum.
3. Write bible study on memory…
4. …and lead a group of women through it.
5. Lead a small group of freshman girls.
6. Disciple 3 younger girls.
7. Support a missionary family with love and finances.
Walk with Jesus:
8. Memorize the book of Ephesians.
9. Spend weekly time in disciplined prayer (for the nations & the ones I love).
10. Reread through the Bible & journal as I go.
11. Intentionally pursue friendship with those who don’t know Jesus.
12. Lead 5 people to Christ.
13. Maintain above a 3.5 GPA in grad school.
14. Study the Greek and translate Ephesians.
15. Take advantage of the resources available to help me learn – literature & people.
16. Run a 10k.
17. Cross-stitch pattern for Mummy to quilt. :)
18. Go snorkeling.
19. Smoke a cigar with my brothers.
20. Travel overseas.
21. Read at least one challenging book per month.
22. Read Harry Potter series.
23. Make a budget & maintain it.